Home

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Dazzling Dahlia


My weekend has been full standing by to help the hubby with home repairs (thanks Ken), biking along the stunning Trail of the Coeur d'alenes, and preparing sketches for oil painting. So, I thought I would take a brief look back at where I started painting: with watercolor.  I believe I was working as a Systems Manager for North America's largest heavy duty truck manufacturer.  During that time I painted large, focused florals to get lost in and to forget about the chaos in my work life.  

I love the transparency of watercolor, coupled with the lost and found edges.  Still, after painting in oils for only a short time I realize that's where my passion lies.  With watercolor I painted from my intellect and with oil it's different.  Increasingly, when painting in oils I find myself in a deeply sensual place, intuitively guided by my muse.  Now, if only I could hurry the technical design and painting skills along, the paintings I would create... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive